Things to do near Walkmill Campsite
- Visit Warkworth Castle or Hermitage ( a pleasant 30 minute walk from the top of our track)
- Warkworth Beach
- Amble Harbour Village
- Go on a Puffin Cruise from Amble Harbour around Coquet Island
- Hauxley Nature Reserve & Wildlife Discovery Centre
- Druridge Bay Country Park
- Alnmouth Village & Beach
- Howick Hall Gardens & Arboretum
- Coast & Castles Cycle Route 1
DIRECTIONS for Cyclists or Walkers from Amble:
- At the top of Rotary Way A1068, turn left onto Morwick Road (the castle and cricket pitch will be on your right).
- Follow Morwick Road for approx 200m and turn right onto Watershaugh Road.
- Follow Watershaugh Road around to the left. The footpath to the bridge over the river is on the bend before the final descent to the river.
- Cut through the Static Caravan park and turn right onto the road.
- Follow the road up the hill and past the woods on your left.
- The entrance to Walkmill is on your left before you go over the railway bridge.