Getting to us
SATNAV does not recognise our location. Please DO NOT use SATNAV to find Walkmill as you end up at the wrong property on the opposite side of the River Coquet.
NE65 9AJ only with Google Maps, see the map below.
If you do find yourself on the Warkworth side of the River Coquet DO NOT go down a track signposted for Morwick Mill with a no through road sign, that says no FARM ACCESS.
Directions from Warkworth
DIRECTIONS for Cyclists or Walkers from Amble:
- On leaving Warkworth (heading towards Alnmouth) turn 1st left after the bridge.
- Follow the road for approximately 1 mile driving over a railway level crossing
- After the level crossing turn 1st left signposted Guyzance Brotherwick
- Drive past Brotherwick Farm on your right and drive along the country lane for another half mile
- Turn left signposted Coquet Moorhouse at the bend in the road (This is the 1st left turn after Brotherwick Farm)
- Drive up and over a small stone railway bridge and turn immediately right onto the farm track to Walkmill
- It is half a mile down the farm track to Walkmill (Please note the house is not visible from the country lane)
- If you miss the track entrance and end up at the river you have gone too far, please turnaround and drive back towards the railway bridge, turning left just before the bridge.
- At the top of Rotary Way A1068, turn left onto Morwick Road (the castle and cricket pitch will be on your right).
- Follow Morwick Road for approx 200m and turn right onto Watershaugh Road.
- Follow Watershaugh Road around to the left. The footpath to the bridge over the river is on the bend before the final descent to the river.
- Cut through the Static Caravan park and turn right onto the road.
- Follow the road up the hill and past the woods on your left.
- The entrance to Walkmill is on your left before you go over the railway bridge.