Walkmill is located near Warkworth in a private setting next to the banks of the River Coquet. This hideaway site offers a fantastic vacation with unprecedented privacy and space; a delight for enthusiastic individuals,walkers, cyclists & families who enjoy the countryside and wish to explore its virtues.
Set in 10.5 acres of Northumberland countryside, this quiet and surreal small holding surrounded by the River Coquet is amongst some idyllic woodland walks with public footpaths, approximately 5 minutes by car from Warkworth Castle and its fabulous beaches. We are ideally placed for anyone wanting to have an outdoor holiday or activity holiday within a mile of the coast & castles cycle route.
From the top of the private farm track it's a very pleasant 30 - 40 minute walk to Warkworth Castle. 'Duke of Edinburgh' expeditions are always very welcome. Local 'Surf' schools with private lessons as well as 'Coasteering' and 'Kitesurfing' a little further up the coast makes Walkmill the perfect base for everyone even those who want to take a quick stopover on the way to bonny Scotland.
Walkmill has pitches available for touring caravans, campervans and motorhomes which can be supplied with an electrical hook up. All pitches measure between 40 - 45 ft for those who require a hook up. We allow dogs and request they must be kept on a lead at all times in consideration of other customers and children. Fire-pits and Barbecues are also permitted as long as they are raised off the ground.
At Walkmill we promote camping in a natural non-commercial environment. With spacious 50ft tent pitches located close to the river our high quality static caravan home acts as the 'Facility & Visitor Information Centre' with bathroom facilities to include a hot shower and bath as well as toilets, toilet rolls, soaps and hand towels readily available. These facilities are an added bonus to the camping experience mainly for tents or older touring caravans and camper vans who do not have shower facilities. Use of the kitchen(other than the gas hob) is permitted to include hot and cold water, fridge, freezer, microwave and kettle. Charging of mobile phones and devices is permitted (please do not leave valuables unattended). There are two further toilets located adjacent to the static caravan home. All facilities are open twenty four hours in readiness for any late arrivals. Fresh cold water taps are also available externally. Recycling for paper,cardboard, plastics and glass bottles and other appropriate items is available.
FOLLOW: Twitter@walkmillcampsit or like Walkmill Campsite on Facebook.
LOCATION: Walkmill, (Nr. Guyzance), Warkworth, Northumberland, United Kingdom.
SATNAV does not recognise our location. Please DO NOT use SATNAV to find Walkmill as you end up at the wrong property on the opposite side of the River Coquet. Use our postcode only with Google Maps. To be helpful, if you do find yourself on the Warkworth side of the River Coquet DO NOT go down a track signposted for Morwick Mill with a no through road sign, that says no FARM ACCESS.
- On leaving Warkworth (heading towards Alnmouth) turn 1st left after the bridge.
- Follow the road for approximately 1 mile driving over a railway level crossing
- After the level crossing turn 1st left signposted Guyzance Brotherwick
- Drive past Brotherwick Farm on your right and drive along the country lane for another half mile
- Turn left signposted Coquet Moorhouse at the bend in the road (This is the 1st left turn after Brotherwick Farm)
- Drive up and over a small stone railway bridge and turn immediately right onto the farm track to Walkmill
- It is half a mile down the farm track to Walkmill (Please note the house is not visible from the country lane)
- If you miss the track entrance and end up at the river you have gone too far, please turnaround and drive back towards the railway bridge, turning left just before the bridge.
DIRECTIONS for Cyclists or Walkers doing the Coast & Castles Route from Amble:
- At the top of Rotary Way A1068 which runs parallel to the river, turn left onto Morwick Road (the castle and cricket pitch will be on your right).
- Follow Morwick Road for approximately 200m and turn right onto Watershaugh Road.
- Follow Watershaugh Road around to the left and down towards the River. The public footpath which takes you over the bridge to the Static Caravan Park is on the bend before the final descent to the river. If you miss the bridge you will end up going through the ford.
- Cut through the Static Caravan park and turn right onto the road.
- Follow the road up the hill and past the woods on your left.
- The entrance to Walkmill is on your left before you go over the railway bridge.
Please make sure you get any provisions you need for the night from Amble.
The main season is from March to end September. We will consider bookings for October depending on ground conditions. Bookings are necessary to avoid any disappointment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01665 710155 or 07929 882472